HR Resources for Dealing with Hurricane Sandy and the After-Effects
All eyes are on the East Coast today as Hurricane Sandy travels along the eastern seaboard. Google has created a crisis map, you can use to track the storm. Here are some articles that provide resources for HR Managers during and after the wake of the storm we think are helpful. Stay safe everyone.
- OSHA and DOL Resources - Check out Eric B. Meyer’s blog, the Employer Handbook.
- Questions about Nonexempt vs. Exempt employees can be found here on HR.BLB.com’s website.
- Carol Harnett offers great examples of employers who have offered services and help for employees affected by a natural disaster in this HRE Online article.
- Here’s an informative article by Jeff Nowak on FMLA Insights that discusses FMLA eligibility during a natural disaster.
- This comprehensive article from SHRM offers answers to pay and leave related issues.